Chief Fiscal Officer for Worthington Libraries
Are you ready for the next step in your career?
We are excited to be partnering with Worthington Libraries to help them find their next Chief Fiscal Officer.
About the Opportunity
This is a key strategic leadership position that serves as an essential member of, and trusted fiscal advisor to, an all-star leadership team who drive the Library’s mission to ‘connect people to a world of ideas and each other’. Reporting to a seven-person Board of Trustees and supervising a department staff of two, the Chief Fiscal Officer also ensures that all financial operations comply with applicable laws and statutes of the State of Ohio, state auditing requirements, sound finance and accounting practices, and established policies and decisions of the Board of Trustees for a three branch library system with a $13 million annual operating budget.
About Worthington Libraries
Founded in 1803, Worthington Libraries are recognized locally, regionally, and nationally for high-quality service. Awards and honors received over the years include:
- 5-star rating from Library Journal’s Index of Public Library Service [2009-2021]
- Outstanding Achievement in Popular Annual Financial Reporting 
- Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting [2008-2020]
Ideal candidates will have:
- Five  years or more of business and finance/accounting experience; public sector experience is highly preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline is required.
- CPA, CFA, or other related professional certification is preferred.
- Experience, knowledge, and skills in all aspects of financial management including:
- Generally accepted accounting principles [GAAP]
- Fund and cash-basis accounting
- State auditing requirements
- Budget administration and development
- Governmental finance
- Financial planning
- Proficiency in the following core competencies:
- Organizational awareness
- Problem solving
- Resource management
- Effective supervision
- Experience as part of collaborative leadership team workgroups focused on attaining organizational goals.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter [including salary requirements] via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No third-party candidates please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.