Payroll & HRIS Manager
Position: Regular, Full time, Exempt
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
Date Reviewed: May 2023
Responsibilities and Expected Outcomes:
Payroll, HRIS & Benefits Administration
- Develop, implement, and manage processes that ensure data integrity for foundation employees is tracked, accurate, updated in a timely manner and that processes are accessible by all HR team members. This includes personal data and demographics, position, payrate, supervisors, tax and payroll, benefits, beneficiaries, etc.
- Serve as the lead, expert payroll administrator for the foundation. Attend regular training and regularly review updates and information provided by payroll and HRIS vendor (both Paylocity) as well as general payroll and tax matters and document and share knowledge with HR team members.
- Stay abreast of legal and compliance matters (local, state and federal) that may impact payroll and tax.
- Serve as the team’s liaison with finance on all payroll and related matters. Ensure timely and accurate semimonthly and monthly payroll reports are run, saved, and shared with finance in the manner requested.
- Serve as the point person for the creation of standard and custom reports across all payroll, benefit and related employee systems and platforms.
- Work proactively with Paylocity and other vendors and/or HR team to resolve issues that arise with payroll and/or benefits. See issues through to resolution and communicate outcome to both HR team, finance team (as appropriate) and any affected employees in a timely manner.
- Process semimonthly retirement plan contribution remittance, ensuring timely and accurate submissions on both the payroll and retirement plan vendor sides.
- Anticipate, track and process, across all HR systems and platforms, employee changes including eligibility, benefit enrollments/changes, salary and title changes, tax changes, personal demographics and information, changes in supervisor, onboarding/new hire processes, offboarding/termination processes, etc. Review and approve all pending enrollments and changes in Paylocity.Work through any issues with pending approvals in Paylocity and partner with Paylocity team and HR team when necessary for resolution.
- Lead the foundation’s annual open enrollment process for benefits. This includes: all employee communication and annual disclosures, working with Paylocity to accurately set up and test the open enrollment portal, scheduling the open enrollment meeting for staff, assisting staff with questions and portal issues, ensuring changes or additions to benefits elected during open enrollment are accurately reflected in Paylocity and across benefit vendor platforms and on all related invoices. Also includes communication with retiree medical participants and COBRA or COBRA eligible participants about insurance renewal information, rate changes and annual disclosures.
- Oversee the auditing and reconciliation of the following:
- Every month: review all benefit invoices for accuracy in coverage elected, changes from prior month, new enrollments, terminations, etc. Review and ensure accuracy for all other HR invoices and work with Executive Coordinator to process them. In partnership with the finance team, track and ensure payment is received for small group of retirees still on medical plan.
- Every quarter: run payroll and benefits report and compare coverage in Paylocity with coverage on benefit vendor invoices or websites to ensure consistency in coverage amounts and premiums for all benefits. Check to ensure that Paylocity has accurately filed quarterly tax returns to all agencies (federal, state, local).
- Annually: take the lead on the preparation of information requested for the annual retirement plan audit. Support other annual reconciliation processes including total compensation statements.
- In collaboration with the IT team, oversee the PTO tracking and Nonexempt Timesheet apps. This includes ensuring accurate data is provided to the IT team for new employees, terminations, or changes in status; training for employees and supervisors; closing out prior year and setting up new year; including milestone anniversary PTO as appropriate; working through discrepancies or errors; running requested PTO reports and providing accurate account of any vacation owed at termination.
- Maintain accurate resources and information across employee self-service portal, SharePoint, Teams, etc.
- Collaborate with HR team to continually review use of technology and new technology that will ensure team is always upgrading and enhancing the integrity and efficiency of workflows internally and for employees.
- Serve as a backup for semi-annual workers compensation processes in collaboration with Director, Human Resources.
- Contribute to the development and execution of HR strategy and team performance with racial equity and inclusion as a guiding principle.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulations related to employment practices and benefit programs.
- Participate on at least one cross-functional employee committee.
- Take on new projects, research and initiatives as assigned.
- Five or more years of successful experience processing payroll and working within HRIS and benefits administration processes and platforms. Paylocity experience helpful but not necessary. College degree and/or related certifications welcome.
- Advanced proficiency level in all Microsoft platforms (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), including Teams and other highly utilized business programs (OneNote, MS Forms, etc.); exceptional internet research skills; expertise with web-based payroll and reporting programs, Zoom. Familiarity with SharePoint and Power BI applications helpful.
- General knowledge of significant human resources laws and regulations, including those around payroll, employment, benefits, leaves of absence, reporting, and others.
- Organized with exceptional time management skills, ability to prioritize work to ensure the most urgent tasks are given priority, ability to switch gears to handle unexpected requests.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service to staff at all levels in the organization. Ability to engage with colleagues and external partners in a patient, thoughtful manner.
- Exceptional oral/presentation and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of individuals at all levels, both internal and external to the foundation.
- Proven ability to compile and analyze information with close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Commitment to racial equity and inclusion across all areas of work.
- Ability to maintain the strictest level of confidence concerning employees and other sensitive information concerning the foundation.
- Desire to continually learn (and share with others) about new topics in the field of human resources as well as the desire to stay current on issues and initiatives that are important to the foundation.
- Ability to prioritize and manage regular workload while simultaneously working on multiple projects, consistently meeting deadlines and servicing staff in a timely manner.
- Ability to take a proactive role in team efforts and promote cooperation and collaboration across the organization.
Employees are not just employees at the foundation. They are thought partners and contributors that provide the passion, creativity and effort behind the success and impact we have with our partnerships and initiatives in the community. The foundation encourages collaboration and sharing within and across teams and has benefited from the innovative ideas and work that has resulted from this collaborative workplace mentality.
Each employee is valued for the expertise and experience (lived and learned) they bring to the foundation and encouraged to bring their genuine selves to their work. All employees understand and tie their work back to our mission, values and strategic direction and have been included in the decisions and design of many of our programs and strategies, including the design of our new headquarters building. Most importantly—they have fun at work!
To ensure the ongoing ability to attract, engage and retain the most talented and diverse employees, the foundation has made it a priority to understand and support its internal community in every way. The comprehensive and regularly evaluated array of programs and benefits offered are designed to ensure that every employee is cared for and has resources available with respect to physical, mental/emotional, financial, social, family and professional wellbeing.
Employees share with the foundation how they feel about the work culture, pay and benefits on an annual basis—and the foundation listens, shares and responds! As a result, and based on ongoing feedback, the foundation has been named a NorthCoast 99 Award winner 20 years running and a Plain Dealer Top 100 Workplaces Award winner ten years running.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION:
The Cleveland Foundation exists to enhance the quality of life for all citizens of Greater Cleveland. The ability to carry out its mission and to foster its commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) can best be accomplished when the talent on staff represents the voices and understands the lived experiences of the diverse communities served.
The foundation believes that diversity encompasses, but is not limited to, race, age, education, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental abilities or characteristics, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and/or other characteristics that make an individual unique.
Culture and DEI are intertwined at the foundation, with DEI being the lens through which all work, internally and externally, is conducted across the organization. Ongoing learning, partnerships, and programs are guided by the work of a committed Racial Equity and Inclusion Committee in partnership with all teams, including executive leadership. This internal work informs and guides the work we do with each other and our work in the racial equity and racial justice space in the community.
PAY AND BENEFITS:
Based on the foundation's compensation program, estimated annual salary for this position may be anywhere between $62,000 to $80,000 with some flexibility, based on the academic, professional and community experiences and credentials of a candidate.
The foundation offers an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, identity theft, and life and disability coverage, a comprehensive wellness program, an employee assistance program, a fully vested 403(b) retirement plan, ten paid holidays, 12 sick days, and, for exempt positions, 15 vacation days, prorated the first year of service based on date of hire.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter here as soon as possible. This posting will remain active until on or around May 31. We regret that we cannot respond personally to each applicant.
Note: Our flexible workplace policy provides for one day of remote work per week.