The Cuyahoga County Board of DD (Cuyahoga DD) is seeking an Equipment Assistant to assist our therapists (OT/PT/SLP) in various aspects of equipment delivery, maintenance, and adaptations.
The nature of work will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Provide client-oriented assistance to Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist, and Speech Language Pathologist such as adaptation, repair or fabrication of assistive equipment/materials.
- Cleaning, disinfecting, distribution, set up, maintenance, labeling, storage and inventory of equipment and materials.
- Maintain equipment lending library. Manage all documentation. Establish contacts with appropriate community partners. Complete delivering and retrieval of equipment.
- Assist in the copying, mailing, filing, organization, storage and faxing information and paperwork.
- Maintain database of new equipment and loaned equipment.
UNUSUAL WORKING CONDITIONS: May be assigned to accompany an occupational therapist, physical therapist, or speech language pathologist on a home or community visit. May require lifting.
BENEFITS AND MORE: Working at the Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities is more than a job---it's a career! The Total Compensation Package is also fantastic and includes extensive PTO, outstanding healthcare benefits, and the unparalleled retirement benefits through OPERS, as well as annual pay increases with the ability to earn annual performance bonuses, and if that wasn't enough, you will have the opportunity to work in an outstanding work environment as part of a multidisciplinary group of professionals. The Cuyahoga DD recruits and retains outstanding individuals who are committed to our mission of supporting and empowering people with developmental disabilities to live, learn, work and play in the community. We seek to attract diverse staff who desire to inspire, to promote abilities and talents, to foster inclusion is all aspects of community life, and to hold themselves and others to high expectations. We hope you choose to join our team!
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Previous experience or training in carpentry, sewing, and electrical.
- Experience using shop tools & equipment, as well as measuring devices, mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Experience with materials inventory management preferred.
- Six months experience working with persons with disabilities preferred.
- Experience working with medical/therapeutic equipment and/or ADL equipment preferred.
- Valid state of Ohio driver's license and continued maintenance of excellent driving record required.