Executive Administrative Director
Executive Administrative Director reports to LGBTQ+ Lorain County (LGBTQ+LC) Board President and Board at-large. The part-time Executive Administrative Director will perform a variety of administrative tasks supporting the non-profit LGBTQ+LC Executive Board. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passionate commitment to making Lorain County a safe place for LGBTQ+ people to work, play, and live.
Executive Administrative Director’s responsibilities include representing the Board in the community-at-large and acting as a point of contact among executives, employees, clients, and other external partners. A successful person in this role will be well-organized, have excellent time management skills, and be able to work independently. The Executive Administrative Director will contribute to the efficiency of our organization by providing personalized and timely support to executive board members.
- Assist in developing and supporting programming for the LGBTQ+ community
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage groups’ calendars and set up meetings
- Make meeting accommodation arrangements and prepare agendas and meeting minutes
- Act as an office manager by keeping up with office supply and giveaways/tabling inventory
- Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports
- Screen and direct phone calls; respond to voicemails; link callers to relevant resources, appropriate Board member(s) and distribute correspondence as required
- Screen and direct emails; link email contact to relevant resources, appropriate Board member(s) and distribute correspondence as required
- Organize and maintain the office filing system and monthly updating of groups’ resource/referral list
- Support social media endeavors of LGBTQ+LC
- Meet weekly with the board president for status updates
- Valid driver’s license, proof of liability insurance for vehicle, vehicle, cell phone, and computer required
- Local travel required as needed
- Work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role
- Excellent MS Office/Google Docs knowledge
- Outlook experience knowledge
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with office gadgets and applications (e.g. e-calendars and copy machines)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to work 10-15 hours per week, without direct supervision, remotely
- Administrative Manager certification is a plus
This is a part-time, remote position requiring approximately 10-15 hours per week.
The weekly schedule is flexible. There may be times where more hours are available or required such as during the on-boarding process and PRIDE Month (June). EAD must attend all LCLGBTQ+ functions including monthly community meetings, Board of Director meetings, regularly scheduled phone conferences with LGBTQ+LC steering committee, Pride in the CLE, Lorain County Pride, and other events as directed by the Board President.
The position is grant-funded until November 2021. Opportunities for additional funds will be explored but are not guaranteed. Employment with the LCLGBTQ+ is “at will,” meaning that either the employee or LCLGBTQ+ may terminate employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause. Any contrary representations that may have been made to the employee are superseded by this letter agreement. This is the full and complete agreement between the employee and the LCLGBTQ+ on these terms. Although job duties, title, compensation, and benefits, as well as the LCLGBTQ+’s personnel policies and procedures, may change from time to time, the “at-will” nature of employment may only be changed in an express written agreement signed by the employee and a duly authorized officer of the LCLGBTQ+ (other than the employee).
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to BoardPresident@lgbtqloraincounty.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Calls will not be accepted.