Matt Rolf Attorney LLC is a real estate law practice with a new focus on environmentally sustainable, transit-oriented properties. We seek to represent individuals and companies who are buying, selling, renovating, leasing, or building property near frequent service fixed-route public transit. Estate planning and probate work is a smaller but significant part of the practice. Our clientele is multiracial, and we serve the LGBTQ+ community.
Matt Rolf Attorney LLC is hiring staff for its existing office on Shaker Square. We’re looking for a detail-oriented, exceptionally organized individual who is excited to help keep our operations running smoothly.
As a part-time accountant working 4 to 8 hours a week, you will assist in the financial aspects of the law firm and report to the senior attorney. Your responsibilities will include overseeing the finances of the firm and keeping accurate records.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Balance bank accounts
- Write checks for payroll and outgoing bills
- Draft and file tax forms
- Coordinate employee tax withholding
- Assist with client billing matters
- Perform audits
- Implement best practices for accounting and bookkeeping
WHAT YOU MAY HAVE ALREADY DONE
- Experience in a previous role as an accountant in a detail-heavy office focused legal matters
- Used an Apple Mac computer, and applications like Pages, Preview, Mail, BusyCal, BusyContacts, Things, Timenet Law, Photos, Numbers, Banktivity, Easypaycheck, TurboTax, and Affinipay (Lawpay)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
A bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited school
THE GOOD STUFF
- You’ll earn a competitive salary, commensurate with education and experience
- You’ll have access to public transit commuter benefits
- We operate on a four-day workweek schedule. As a part-time employee, you’ll enjoy our inclusive sustainable work culture that values time off and flexibility, so we can do a great job for our clients on workdays
To apply please send a resume and cover letter in pdf format to email@example.com